Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Love me, Love me Not...

Have any of you ever been in a situation where you know a couple, are close to both of them & they always confide (individually) their relationship problems to you?

It sucks, really. I know what my the guy is doing behind her back and I also know exactly how insecure she feels with him. She's really nice, down-to-earth & said that if he still want to play the field, then he should just let her know so she can move on with her life without him. He says that he's just out for some harmless fun & eventually, he still goes back to her... So what she doesn't know wouldn't hurt her. Is that right?

He's a close friend too & I really am trying my best to be neutral here and not be a judgmental, self-righteous bitch. But it really gets to me sometimes 'cause being a girl, I am naturally more partial towards her. Yet sometimes the things my guy friend does for her really touches me...

I know there's nothing I can do... & I'm also not in the place to do anything or make any comments... The least I can do is just to talk to my guy friend and somehow try to drop hints along the way.

It's really fustrating... not just because it's happening to them... but also because such things are happening so often now! I see it all around me...

Sometimes, seeing people in situations as such makes me think alot. I get pretty disillusioned sometimes... So much for being there for each other through good times & bad.

Love in this day and age has evolved. Nowadays, nobody blinks an eye when they hear of a divorce, of a third-party, a home wrecker... What then, is the definition of love now?


If one wants to fool around, why not just remain single? I mean, what are the perks of having a partner if one is a player? None, if you ask me. If it's for the physical bit, then I don't see how they would have a problem getting it even if they don't have a partner! And don't even go into the whole crap about "I really do love her/him... just that I need to have fun with other people at times!"

What kind of love is that, may I ask? If you love someone, why would you willingly do something knowing that it'll hurt the partner like hell if they ever find out?! If you don't love the person enough, then why not just break up? Feel bad for breaking up? Worried that he/she will not be able to take the blow? Then, don't even cheat on them! I mean if you want to be considerate then might as well go all the way right?

When I was young, I always had all sorts of fantasy about marrying the love of my life, have a family with him and grow old together... Well, now as I grow older over the years, I realised that that's pretty much a FANTASY. In reality, such fairytales seldom happen... Not that I have not met men whom I think are marriage material... It's just that these men give me the feeling that the only reason why they want to get married is only because they want to settle down, not because they really love me... I mean yes they do like me... but I think if I were to drop dead the very next day, they would probably be able to pick themselves up very fast.

I'm not being stupid here but is true love really that unattainable? All I ask for is just someone who loves me to bits and someone whom I can't live without... That's not unreasonable right? I think that's something everyone has a right to. All these stuff are really making me totally negative and I hold back alot...

Even in a relationship, I sometimes feel that I'm not giving my 100%. I do love, I commit but I always feel that I can do better... But I'm afraid of giving my all... 'cause I'm afraid it'll be unrequited. I pride myself on being very strong and am always saying that I'll be able to move on if such a fate befalls on me. But in reality, I'll probably take forever to get over that person... Well, it's just a matter of being able to hide my feelings better than the rest... Like how long it took me to get over that man whom I thought was my one true love... Like how it still hurts sometimes when I think back...

Can I have you forever...?

Do not marry someone you can live with, instead marry someone you can't live without...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home