Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Is compromising too much a good thing?

It's really getting on my nerves... All the uncertainties, the "I'm not sure", "I can't confirm" etc etc.

Yeah sure, I understand we all have our own matters to attend to & things do crop up ever so often. But what if I feel like I'm always second-in-line?

You know, I don't need you to revolve ur life around mine & trust me, mine doesn't revolve around yours either. However, it does matter to me if I'm not respected. If I've already made certain arrangements with you, then I think it really isn't that unreasonable of me to expect you to keep to your side of the promise. If you have something on, then maybe you could arrange it to suit your schedule instead of pushing our plans back? Am I wrong to say that? Or maybe there isn't any 'us' here? I don't know...

To be honest, I was pretty miffed. If I were you, I would probably attend whatever it is that cropped up last minute and then leave early or something. But then again, I'm not you & you're not me either... Surely I can't expect you to do the same too...

Just as I was getting over it... you had to make things worse.

You knew all along I'm certainly no big fan of soccer... but I wouldn't mind watching it with you & your friends once in awhile. I compromise. Why? 'Cause we already don't spend much time together... So I don't want to make whatever little time we have together unpleasant. I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm damn noble or anything like that. My point is, though sometimes I have to do stuff (which probably isn't on the top of my list of 'to-dos' if I were given a choice), I certainly have no qualms about doing it with you 'cause I understand that I can't always have my way & I want you to be happy too.

Now, that's not so true on your side... Pardon me if I've misunderstood you or anything. But this is how you make me feel. Maybe you don't like eating whatever it's we're going to eat... but I don't see how it'll kill you to join us and maybe have things my way sometimes. You've never really met the most important people in my life... would it kill you to just sit through the dinner with us? I mean it's not even gonna take that long...

I felt really disappointed & maybe fustrated too. Like I keep getting "rejected" so to speak. Maybe you could try seeing things from my perspective sometimes & show that little bit of empathy? It would certainly be much appreciated.

I don't know... it's that time of the month again... and this is the period where I feel emotional and get fustrated easily... and all the unpleasant stuff seems to magnify by a million times... But I don't want to keep telling myself that I'm feeling the way I'm 'cause I'm pms-ing... 'cause I know that's not all there's to it. I suppose in a way, there's really an issue here... or to put it more accurately, I have an issue here.

I think I can safely say I'm royally pissed off & sorry that I'm being really rude and irresponsible by not replying your smses and not answering your calls. I know how nasty I can get when I'm upset... & even though you do deserve to be shot (in my biased opinion), I wouldn't want to be nasty to you.

You really matter alot to me & I do care about 'us'... But I feel that there's a limit to everything & we should also draw a line where certain matters are concerned. For this, I've to draw a line.

I prolly need time to cool down & structure my train of thoughts properly... So you probably wouldn't be hearing much from me till I've done so. Maybe it's also a good idea for you to think about what I've said above and prepare your 'defence' if you think it's unjustified.

When we met, it felt like I've found someone whom I can see myself growing old with... It was really sweet & nice. But in reality, things are never easy. I don't know if we can cross the many more of such hurdles life has in store for us together... but I sincerely hope that we could do so.

Meanwhile, take care...









4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dearly, cheer up. Oways remember tt no matter wat happen, Miang n I will oways be with U n Luv U oways. U Will be e one tt we cant live without thou we cant marry U. Muacks!!!!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dear, don't know for sure what is wrong. What i am certain is that nothing is perfect. We can talk abt things if u wanna but if u havent spoken to him openly abt the matter, maybe u oughta yeah. I havent spoken to him, in case u r wondering.

idiot

10:04 AM  
Blogger paradox-is-me said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:33 AM  
Blogger paradox-is-me said...

Hey idiot,

We're fine now... It was probably just another case of miscommunication plus my bad PMS... Anyway thanks... & yes, I'll well aware nth's perfect... so yeah, there you go... & he's been really nice lah so no worries kies =D

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home