Thursday, February 23, 2006

Childhood Gems

She has been in my life since I was 9 years old... It all started when she came over holding her notebook asking me if my name is spelt in the same way as hers.

We both were in the Prefectorial Board and that was how our friendship blossomed... But to be honest, I didn't really like her alot back then. Kids being kids, will definitely have their fair share of petty squabbles and stupid quarrels.

Somehow, along the way, we resolved our differences and grew very close. I'll never forget the cold war we had which lasted for close to a year. And it all ended only when she gave in by asking someone to pass me a Keroppi keychain which she bought for me. I started calling her and we started from where we left off. Since then, we have never had any huge quarrels. Probably a little sacarcism here and there but never any harm intended.

Know what? If she hadn't given me the keychain, I probably wouldn't have contacted her again 'cause I'm really stubborn when it comes to things like these. I won't give in means I won't give in. So, I'm saying this now, if it hadn't been for her, I would probably have one less super duper good friend now.

She's the naughty one who never liked to study... I'll never forget the times when I had to copy her science notes for her. At times, when I think back, I wonder if I had done her more harm than good... but everything happens for a reason.

Remember the time when she was going through the most difficult time of her life. I felt so helpless then... that I couldn't do much to help except maybe be there for her. I'm glad she managed to resolve matters in a very rational manner and came out of it stronger with a life lesson learnt.

Do you know that she's one friend whom I'm damn proud of? I'm happy that she has now found her direction in life & is doing well in her career. On top of that, she's pretty, amiacable, streetsmart, generous, caring, always dispenses very good advice and sweet.

Really, I always wonder if my life would be very lonely and sad if not for her and Miss Moley. Though we are bitchy sometimes, or we bully each other, or take each other for granted without realising it at times, I never had a doubt that we'll stay true and close friends till the end of our life journey.

These are the things which I call priceless... No amount of material stuff on earth can ever replace the friendship and love that I have for them & I never want to imagine life without either one of them. So, I hope I'll be the first to die so I wouldn't have to deal with the loss of not having them with me anymore.

I can not have any men in my life... but funny how I can't live without them.

With this, I want to congratulate her once again for her promotion. You have no idea how thrilled I was when I heard the news and for the entire day, I was grinning like an idiot. Miss Moley's day will come too & when it happens, I'll feel just as thrilled for her too.

Love,

the other 1/3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally speechless... Nothing can describe the feelings i have in me now. TOUCHED!!?? We all are priceless to each other and bear in mind that no matter what decision you make, we will always support you. If you ever fall, we will be there holding you or even fall with you. I once heard from a person that 3 is the best number. Most of the things in life ends in 3. We always say ABC or XYZ. 123 or 321. Never the rest. Traffic lights have only 3 colours and many more. With that, I concluded that we are for each other. Luv you!!! 2/3

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home